Translation -

For those of you who don't live out of a book called "Korean At a Glance" the title translates into - I don't understand korean. ... Hello? I am taking on South Korea in a small town 60 minutes north west of Busan. I am 1 of a few foreigners in my very small town of 40,000 - another being my boyfriend. Together we are discovering ... well everything, Korean. Enjoy! Andrew's Blog



12.28.2010

Ho Ho Ho! Merry Christmas!

Santa came early for us.  After baking all day (and wrapping presents) we went to dinner with Glen and Luke.  Afterwords we were pretty exhausted, Andrew still sick and I got food poisoning from dinner.  But Santa came while we were at dinner and neither of us are accustomed to opening presents on Christmas Day.  So around 10:30 we decided to have cake, open presents, and of course play sequence (my Christmas tradition).  It was quite wonderful, and it was great that we both surprised each other with unknown gifts (very hard thing to do in such a small town when you live and work together).

Andrew kicked my butt in sequence

Merry Christmas Cake from Kang, we added the candles for fun


Our Christmas tree and presents
Andrew wrapped his in clothes and blankets and tape
I wrapped mine in pretty paper
(wrapping is also a serious deal in my family traditions)

Andrew and I each got a present from Santa
we may or may have not bought ourselves something at Home Plus
 and then wrapped it for each other


I got a night stand, facewash, thermos, cutting board, and an external hardrive

Andrew got a Cafe Bene gift card, a pencil box with a little scavenger hunt for Seoul,
and Hush Puppie shoes

My favorite picture, Andrew opening his I <3 Micky mouse pencil case
 (a gag gift, though he seems to like it more than intended)




No comments:

Post a Comment