Translation -

For those of you who don't live out of a book called "Korean At a Glance" the title translates into - I don't understand korean. ... Hello? I am taking on South Korea in a small town 60 minutes north west of Busan. I am 1 of a few foreigners in my very small town of 40,000 - another being my boyfriend. Together we are discovering ... well everything, Korean. Enjoy! Andrew's Blog



12.28.2010

Christmas Dinner!

Every year I demand a Christmas Feast.  Mostly because I was away at college and ate crap everyday.  The menu usually had duck or Cornish hens, sweet potatoes, fresh baked bread, and pie.

This year, given my limitations I was not able to have any of these things, but we did make out pretty good. 

Chestnuts wrapped in bacon
They were normal chestnuts so I soaked them in
 water for a full day and then soy sauce for an hour

30 mins in the toaster oven "Tom" and they were pretty delicious

I then taught Andrew how to make deviled eggs.
 Little different using Korean mayo and mustard

Andrew was in charge of pealing the potatoes
(they looked so supple using the brand new potatoes peeler i bought) 
After seeing how dangerous this device was I deemed Andrew official potato peeler.
Ironically he cut himself on the knife chopping the potatoes instead.

We chopped up some garlic and mixed it in with butter,
making them garlic mash potatoes.

pre-chopped chicken, perfect size for Tom

Rubbing the chicken down with garlic butter

making a secret orange sauce to drizzle on the chicken
 (best part of the meal we agreed)

yum!

Christmas Meal! wouldn't be Christmas without some wine and beer!

No comments:

Post a Comment