Translation -

For those of you who don't live out of a book called "Korean At a Glance" the title translates into - I don't understand korean. ... Hello? I am taking on South Korea in a small town 60 minutes north west of Busan. I am 1 of a few foreigners in my very small town of 40,000 - another being my boyfriend. Together we are discovering ... well everything, Korean. Enjoy! Andrew's Blog



11.09.2010

mountain side

I'm not going to lie,  I have been slacking on my photos on Flickr and my blog.  I feel bad for my readers, especially the ones on facebook that have said they try to keep reading.  So I will try to be very detailed in my next few blogs, and get some good photos taken for Flickr in the new future.  

Not that this is any excuse but we have not had any Internet the past couple of days.  We realized how much we really depend on it.  Especially since neither of us have phones to text or call anyone.  Email and skype are as good as it gets here.  It was quite funny for some time it seemed like we had some bad karma.  One day our gas didn't work - no hot water or oven to cook with,  then the water line busted - that was the first day we were suppose to start teaching and we couldn't take showers, then our blinds fell from the ceiling - I laughed pretty hard at this point, and then our Internet just stopped working Saturday morning.  All is up and running now though.  To make things even better we got a microwave today, and our director ordered a memory foam pad for our rock hard bed - instead of a sofa.

Weekends here go by very fast.  Our first weekend we walked around and sized up Jinyeong, and then we climbed the local hill-mountain.  We have a very old Buddhist temple seen on the right, overlooking our city.  This is about a 1/3 way up the hill.  Climbing this reminded me that I am way out of shape!  From the picture at the right you can see the very tall skyscrapers where  thousands of people live.  On the hill there are also lots of sweet persimmon, which is a very famous fruit that is exported to the world, including the U.S.  Below are two more photos of what can be seen from the top of the mountain.  The first photo below is a pretty good representation of Jinyeong, while the second is a stopping place for hikers. When we went it was about their second day of building the additional building and they said it would take about another 4 days to finish.




This was a very skinny looking bug that was almost stepped on, before and after I pointed it out.  It laid very still and reminded me of a walking stick with eyes.



You can see the additional photos from our hike on my Flickr page - mountain side.



















This is all for now I think, it is about 12:30 at night and so  Goodnight :)


No comments:

Post a Comment