Translation -

For those of you who don't live out of a book called "Korean At a Glance" the title translates into - I don't understand korean. ... Hello? I am taking on South Korea in a small town 60 minutes north west of Busan. I am 1 of a few foreigners in my very small town of 40,000 - another being my boyfriend. Together we are discovering ... well everything, Korean. Enjoy! Andrew's Blog



10.07.2011

Jinju lantern festival

This is totally out of order, but I was really excited to go to the lantern festival.  Before we came to Korea, when we thought we were moving to Jinju, I found the lantern festival and was like, I GOT TO SEE THAT!  It was really cool and fun.  It was crazy busy and traffic was horrible - I can't even compare it to anything we have back home, except for maybe evacuating a state due to a hurricane, maybe???   But I also discovered this "poladroid" app that takes your digital photos and makes them into Polaroids.  Like a polaroid camera it comes with 8 film sheets - then you can restart the app for the next 8.  I'll edit the originals later and post them to flickr soonish.

we could make our own wish and add it to our Chinese animal.  I'm a rabbit and it's the year of the rabbit
they had a lot of popular characters


inside the red lantern tunnel

wish lanterns released in the water


one of hundreds of lanterns in the water


my favorite picture from the festival

No comments:

Post a Comment