Translation -

For those of you who don't live out of a book called "Korean At a Glance" the title translates into - I don't understand korean. ... Hello? I am taking on South Korea in a small town 60 minutes north west of Busan. I am 1 of a few foreigners in my very small town of 40,000 - another being my boyfriend. Together we are discovering ... well everything, Korean. Enjoy! Andrew's Blog



10.06.2011

Chuseok Feast!

Chuseok was back around September 9th-September 12th but Andrew and I got pretty sick right as our 5 day weekend ended and I haven't been able to edit any of my photos since.  For that weekend I decided to make a big dinner, because it's not often I cook anything in our small kitchenette. Andrew assisted of course and he also took most of the photos on his down time.  We made our last box of cheesecake, a small boiled chicken, and my family favorite Cornish hen sauce.  The chicken had to be boiled (this was an experiment) because our little toaster oven doesn't hold enough heat to cook anything but toast.  Andrew also made our other experiment, double baked potatoes.  These were in my opinion the best part of the meal!



onions for flavoring the chicken in the water

our small chicken, neck included, but I cut it off because it crept me out

I am showing Andrew how to carve out a potato

chicken, Italian seasoning, garlic, onion, water.  when it was done I used the broth to make the sauce

lemon for the sauce


I got lucky and found these lemons in Kimhea the weekend before


Andrew stuffed the potatoes

making the sauce



the next night I used the left over chicken and broth and made chicken and rice porridge for dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment