Translation -

For those of you who don't live out of a book called "Korean At a Glance" the title translates into - I don't understand korean. ... Hello? I am taking on South Korea in a small town 60 minutes north west of Busan. I am 1 of a few foreigners in my very small town of 40,000 - another being my boyfriend. Together we are discovering ... well everything, Korean. Enjoy! Andrew's Blog



8.09.2011

ice in the heat

A couple of weekends ago we went hiking at Miryang. Miryang is a mountain not far from Jinyeong.  It produces a strong icy wind even when it's 80+ degrees outside.  The hotter it is the colder the mountain is.  You can even see the ice in the rocks. We were told that in the winter the rocks are warm. Scientists can't explain how it works, but if someone did figure it out it would make for a good natural cooling/heating system for homes and buildings.
  Here is the flickr set to all of the photos. Below are a few favorites.






No comments:

Post a Comment