Translation -

For those of you who don't live out of a book called "Korean At a Glance" the title translates into - I don't understand korean. ... Hello? I am taking on South Korea in a small town 60 minutes north west of Busan. I am 1 of a few foreigners in my very small town of 40,000 - another being my boyfriend. Together we are discovering ... well everything, Korean. Enjoy! Andrew's Blog



1.13.2011

Soon Enough

Hello Family and Friends-

I know I've been MIA from blogger and flickr for awhile.  I wanted to let you know I haven't died.  I'm just really busy. I'm working on a top secret project that is taking up all of my free time. So in a few quick words (because I'm at work) I will share what we've been doing. 

For New Years we went to Seoul with Becky and Nick.  When I'm done with this project (roughly 2 weeks) I will post my photos and tell you about my favorites, and better yet what I want to do when we go back in June.

The weekend after we went to home plus and Bugoh Hawaii with Kang and his family.  We Enjoyed a great day of tubing, ice sculptures, and a traditional Korean Bath House.

This week at work has been crazy hectic!  We have had open classes every day, where parents and perspective students can sit in on our classes and see just how well we teach.  With reassurance from Glen, we are great teachers!  Tomorrow (Friday) we are coming to work around 9:15 am to go to a kindergarten orientation to hand out notebooks and hopefully get our student count up.  I think we are around 25 students now.  If we have around 60-70 students by the end of March we will be able to stay open.  If not we have been told our friend Jack (who owns lots of schools) will help place us at a new school, probably in Masan or Changwon.

At school I've been learning a little Korean.  I use these words almost every class.  I included how to pronounce them, and not in the grammatically correct kinda way.

Hurry - "ball-ie!  ball-ie!"
Folder - "pie-ile"
Memorize - "way-ou-say-yo"

Then this weekend we finally have a little time to ourselves.  I think Andrew will take a little time off from his video games and do some sketching and reading, and I will continue to work on my top secret project. (It's a secret because it's a surprise, but I will show you all when I'm done with it).

And in the meantime you can check out Andrew's Blog to read more in depth about what we've been doing!  Especially since I've been told by more than one of you that "Andrew is such a great writer!" I agree, so enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment