Translation -

For those of you who don't live out of a book called "Korean At a Glance" the title translates into - I don't understand korean. ... Hello? I am taking on South Korea in a small town 60 minutes north west of Busan. I am 1 of a few foreigners in my very small town of 40,000 - another being my boyfriend. Together we are discovering ... well everything, Korean. Enjoy! Andrew's Blog



6.27.2011

haircut 2

Getting a haircut in Korea is always fun because they don't speak English and we both have to act out what it is we are talking about.  Luckily I had Glen transfer a few words for me before I went, "trim and layer".  When I got there I thought she kept asking me if I wanted another perm, and I was like "no, no, cut, cut!" while making the scissors action with my fingers.  After about 10 minutes I figured out she was asking if she had permed my hair 2 months ago.  Then it all made sense.  The best apart: the haircuts are really cheap, about $8.50.  It's safe to say I'm not going to want to dish out $30 every time I want a good haircut when I come back to the states.  The photo below makes it look shorter than it really is.  I even had her thin it. It feels like I don't have any hair at all :). Being that I have the thickest hair known to mankind, after my mom, this is a great thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment