Translation -

For those of you who don't live out of a book called "Korean At a Glance" the title translates into - I don't understand korean. ... Hello? I am taking on South Korea in a small town 60 minutes north west of Busan. I am 1 of a few foreigners in my very small town of 40,000 - another being my boyfriend. Together we are discovering ... well everything, Korean. Enjoy! Andrew's Blog



10.28.2010

Where do I live?

After a long flight to South Korea, from Chicago, I arrived at our very nice apartment in a very small town.  Andrew and I were tickled pink with our accommodations.  We got the best deal by far.


This is our foyer.  Koreans use this space to take there shoes off.  It is apart of there cultural custom to not enter a home, temple, some restaurants, with shoes on.



 
 This is our bedroom.  It came with a wardrobe, bed, and tv stand.  It is very large I would say.  We are still working on getting use to the extremely hard beds and where to store all of our clothes.


Left is the view from our bedroom  through the hall.  You can see the doorway of the bathroom.  The photo to the right is part of our kitchen and doorway of our laundry room.

To the left is our bathroom.  Note the shower head is hanging next to the sink, we were expecting this.  To the right is our laundry room.  it's very spacious and has a drying rack hanging from the ceiling.
 And this is a photo of our kitchen.  Andrew is attempting to make our first breakfast.  It was very good.  We had almond pancakes (little brown) and eggs and some meat links.  We discovered that it is hard to buy food when we can't read Korean.  He accidentally bought peanut oil instead of syrup.


We have enjoyed living in our little apartment together.  We (like every other apartment) live above a restaurant.  Our restaurant is still vacant, but once that moves in I'm sure we will be smelling some great Korean food!




No comments:

Post a Comment